Proper maintenance can make a world of difference in more ways than you would think, so if you haven’t been keeping up with you’re AC maintenance schedule, there’s no time like the present to start.
What Is Preventative AC Maintenance?
Preventative AC maintenance is work done on AC units aimed at preventing any problems with the system before they crop up. A typical maintenance servicing entails the inspection, adjustment, and cleaning of the unit.
Max C. Smith Company’s trained technicians will check for a variety of things to ensure the proper operation of your AC. They will check the refrigerant level and take care of any excess refrigerant, as well as check for leaks. They will also check airflow and electrical connections. The air filter will also be replaced with a new one, which serves the purpose of improving air quality.
Advantages of Preventative AC Maintenance
From saving money to increasing your comfort, here are just some of the advantages of preventative AC maintenance.
1. Money saving: Preventative AC maintenance saves money in a variety of ways. A well maintained unit is more efficient, thus saving you energy and money on home cooling costs. It is possible to save up to 30% on your energy bill if you keep your unit in top shape.
2. Environmental factors: AC units that are well maintained are better for the environment because they run more efficiently, thus requiring less power to run, which in turn reduces your carbon footprint.
3. Air quality: With a fresh air filter and cleaned and dust-free coils, the air quality in your home will increase positively.
4. Avoiding repairs: An advantage to having preventative maintenance done on your air conditioning is that routine maintenance can prevent the need for costly repairs down the road, overall saving you money.
5. Extending AC lifetime: Regular machine maintenance helps your air conditioning system last for longer, without the need for costly repairs or replacements. It also makes sure that you are still covered under the unit’s warranty, because routine maintenance may be a prerequisite to taking advantage of the warranty if something does go wrong.
6. Increase comfort: A well maintained AC increases comfort with its decreased cooling times and its efficiency in removing moisture in the air.
How Often Should I Have My Air Conditioning Serviced?
It is advisable to have your AC unit inspected and serviced once per year, every spring. This will maximize its efficiency. As dust and dirt get trapped in the coils and air filters, they reduce the efficiency of the unit. Routine cleaning and maintained can take care of that, and check for any problems that might be coming down the road.
Max C. Smith Company has a Preventive Maintenance Agreement (PMA) so that your HVAC remains up to date. Recurring maintenance is recommended and most times required by manufacturers to validate warrant claims. The prepaid PMAs cover one full year beginning and ending on March 1st.